Một số cách dùng cụ thể của more & most
16-02-2011 | 10:43:17
• More + noun/noun phrase: dùng như một định ngữ 71) We need more time. 72) More university students are having to borrow money these day.
• More + of + personal/geographic names
73) It would be nice to see more of Ray and Barbara.
Rất hay khi được gặp Ray và Barbara thường xuyên hơn.
71) Five hundred years ago, much more of Britain was covered with trees.
72) 500 năm trước đây, đa phần nước Anh phủ nhiều rừng hơn bây giờ nhiều.
• More of + determiner/pronoun (a/ the/ my/ this/ him/ them...)
73) He is more of a fool than I thought.
Nó là một thằng ngu hơn tôi tưởng nhiều.
71) Three more of the missing climbers have been found.
72) Could I have some more of that smoked fish.
73) I don’t think any more of them want to come.
• One more/ two more... + noun/ noun phrase
1 There is just one more river to cross.
• Nhưng phải dùng cardinal number (số đếm) + noun + more (Five dollars more) nếu more mang nghĩa thêm nữa.
72) He has contributed $50, and now he wants to contribute $50 more.
• Most + noun = Đa phần, đa số
73) Most cheese is made from cow’s milk.
74) Most Swiss people understand French.
• Most + determiner/ pronoun (a, the, this, my, him...) = Hầu hết...
75) He has eaten 2 pizzas and most of a cold chicken.
76) Most of my friends live abroad.
77) She has eaten most of that cake.
78) Most of us thought he was wrong.
• Most được dùng như một danh từ, nếu ở trên, danh từ hoặc chủ ngữ đó đã được nhắc đến.
79) Some people had difficulty with the lecture, but most understood.
80) Ann and Robby found a lot of blackberries, but Susan found the most.
• Most + adjective khi mang nghĩa very
81) That is most kind of you.
82) Thank you for a most interesting afternoon.